Thursday, January 10, 2008

The 'unfailing??' plans

It’s not new, it’s not abnormal rather it’s a perfect case of blissful ignorance. However, the unique thing being that what we have chosen to ignore is ourselves. Now instead of making you go through the mental agony of guessing what I am talking about, I would straightaway come to my point. I am referring to that unfailing habit of making plans and resolving to follow them with all our conviction. However, every time in this battle of laziness versus doing the things that ‘matter’, laziness always takes the bait. Oh! You can’t ignore laziness when it comes dressed up as that sexy lady or handsome bloke (depending upon your preference ;). Sure, you are bound to fall prey to its treacherous trap. Now, coming to my plans, I would say that the number of plans I made and broke has reached such a stage that it might as well feed the whole population of America! Where should I start my woes from? Those regular plans to study (usually the aftermath of horrible exams) or the incessant plans to meet up with school friends (read: reunion), or my little plans to cut my nails (after being scolded the nth time by my dad). And not to forget, my plan to buy that pen which I have been postponing for a week now! It could be one of my favourite plans to finish my novel before exams start. Otherwise, I’ll have to reread it as usual. Those plans about not to waste too much money on phone calls or my daily plans to travel by bus (read: saving more than 100 bucks a day) or the weekend plans to go for a movie or those impossible plans of quitting orkut! The list is endless and still counting…However, I’m not all that hopeless as you might think. Some of my plans do work though I can’t recall any at the moment. ;)N oh! did I forget to mention that yesterday I ‘planned’ to update my blog?
PS: Procrastination is my sin. I know I must stop it. I will. But TOMORROW ;)



6 comments:

Meher B said...

hahahahahahahaah
i cant agree with you more. The 'laziness' almost always wins with me too.

Rozita Singh said...

thers sumthng abt laziness....its strong wen the task is of lesser value to u,nd surprisingly pretty weak when the task holds immense value to u....thnk abt it! ;)

Unknown said...

How true is that....I m a firm believer of procrastination...well written :)

DEVesh said...

liked PS.......

scintilla said...

Bilkul sahi kaha aapne...

That's all i'll like to say :)

saket said...

'deja vu' .... for a moment i felt as if i was reading a chapter of my own biography...!! u r really gud in observing minute details and then elaborating them with precise clarity...!! keep writing !!