Thursday, September 20, 2007

That same old feeling of...

When in night I see the stars,
their light seems to vanish the dark,
but i feel a scare in my heart
I don't know what triggers this fear...

When i see the sun in morn
its scorching heat falls on my palms
and it seems my throbbing heart would never calm.
I dont know what triggers this fear...

When in cold winter days
the wind blows over my face
i feel the chill
as if the wind is going to kill.
i dont know what triggers this fear...

When in hot summer days,
the loo hovers like a ghost
i feel that its hot trap would engulf my soul
i don't know what triggers this fear...

My dolorous heart, my sickening fear
for the day is near
when i would be killed by fear!

7 comments:

Violet said...

Hi Nikita
Very nice poem, keep up the good work. I wish you all the best in your furure endeavors.

Amritansu Nanda said...

I appreciate the style of wriring and even more the idea behind the poem . You evaded making the poem gothic even with fear all over it , something i will really work on.Keep this blog breathing ... plz.

Unknown said...

Heyy!!
g888 work!!I think u r taking ur course seriously!Really a fine piece of work!

Shulamith said...

thanks for your comments...I was browsing and it was by accident that I happened to browse thru ur blog posts (glad I did) Btw, this poem is thematically very strong...keep it up... :)

Devz said...

hmmm... life is all about overcoming those fears... making them ur strengh and not ur weakness...and moving on...

keep going.. :)

Madhav Prashanth R said...

Seasons frighten you I suppose. :D

Anyways, wonderfully written. :)

- Madhav

Nikita Garia said...

@madhav- :D nah nothing of the sort.. was just feeling eerie d day i wrote this ;)

n thx :)